String Orchestra Auditions
The String Orchestra (BYST) is an intermediate string ensemble, studying arrangements of the chamber and symphonic literature. Rehearsal and ensemble skills are developed in a disciplined atmosphere. This orchestra requires advancing string playing techniques like shifting and vibrato. String Orchestra is comprised of students through Grade 9. This ensemble rehearses on Monday evenings from 7:00-8:30pm (September thru May).
UPCOMING AUDITION OPPORTUNITIES
- Applications and videos will be submitted through the online audition platform Accept’d.
- The audition deadline is JUNE 10, 2023. To submit your audition application and materials, visit https://app.getacceptd.com/byov
- We currently have openings for ALL INSTRUMENTS in this ensemble!
- There is a sight-reading portion of the audition that you must complete. Please click on the link below and you will be directed to register for a complimentary subscription to Sight Reading Factory (SRF). It is best to use a computer with a microphone, but a phone or tablet can be used as well.You will create an account and during the registration process, you will be asked to choose the BYOV Orchestra for which you are auditioning (either Jr. Strings or String Orchestra). Once you are in the program, you can watch helpful videos on submitting an assignment and practice sight reading by selecting the “Start Sight Reading” tab.When you feel comfortable using the SRF program, you can start the sight-reading portion of your audition by clicking on the “Assignment” tab in the menu bar. You will have a few times to try out the assignment before you have to submit a selection to be judged. When you are ready to record, click “Ready.” The metronome will click to show you the tempo. Begin playing as soon as you see the record icon. The sight-reading portion is due by June 10.
- https://www.sightreadingfactory.com/student, Student Code: 79vbjy
*BYOV is a tuition-based organization. Financial aid is available to those who qualify. See our Frequently Asked Questions. Please note: BYOV policy requires participation in your school music program, when there is a music program available.
Questions about auditions or financial aid? Please contact our Executive Director at [email protected].
Students should take these materials to their private instructor or school music teacher to ensure they are auditioning for the correct ensemble and are prepared for their audition.
Click on the link for your instrument to download and print the audition requirements below:
For tips on preparing for your BYOV audition, click HERE.